Competitiveness Mindset Institute, USA, a non-profit institute engaged in research and education of non-cognitive skills, has developed for CMI IIT, Gandhinagar, innovative programs for the youth of India at different level/grade in education and for professionals/employees at work, to learn to value, internalize, practice and inculcate the following Big Five non-cognitive (soft) skills called the Pillars.
Following an unconventional teaching approach of immersive activity-based methodology, this is an initiative to prepare the leaders of tomorrow!
The program offered at SVIT, Vasad is called ‘Finding the Leader in You’ or FLY Scholar Program. SVIT has signed MOU with IITGN Competitiveness Mindset Initiative (CMI) to offer the workshop on FLY Scholar on regular basis.
This program was successfully launched at IIT, Gandhinagar. The program is supported by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
What does this program do:
• Imparts crucial, essential skills to students before they enter the job market
• These skills improve effectiveness (performance) in class and in workplace
• Builds a foundation of skills for Leadership
• Helps amplify the hard skills that the institute teaches them throughout their degree
What does this program consist of:
• 5 sessions, each of 2 hours classroom instruction plus Norm Setting short session
• Flexible - sessions can be spread out or grouped together
• Home practice, reinforcement and feedback exercises
• Capstone project to practice and reinforce all 5 pillars
• Entire course may be spread through one semester
• Fits in seamlessly with regular coursework in most colleges
What will CMI IITGN provide:
• CMI Facilitators (Master Trainers) conduct the course in its entirety.
• Schedule is mutually decided between SVIT Vasad and CMI as per convenience
• All courses are offered FREE of charge to the students.
Under the MoU a workshop on “Finding the Leader in You” was organized by IIT (CMI) Gandhinagar during 20-21 Feb 2019. Thirty five students participated in the workshop.
The five pillars were focused very effectively during the workshop.
Participating students are required to perform two months on line activities on regular basis as per the guidance of CMI faculties who conducted the workshop. Participants will be given certificate from IIT, Gandhinagar only after successful completion of the on line activities.
The feedback received from students reveals that they found this workshop very interesting, motivating and thought-provoking.
Mrs. Pavani Bakeri Agarwal and Dr. VirajVora, from CMI- IIT, Gandhinagar were the resource persons of the workshop.
The FLY workshop is now the regular activity of SVIT.
Dr. Arun Kumar Adhikary, Asso. Prof., AS&H Department is the Coordinator for “FLY” program at SVIT.