- To create awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among the students & faculty and to create Research and Development atmosphere in every department;
- To create interest and atmosphere among the staff members to take up Research projects and improve their knowledge, skills and qualifications by registering Ph. D’s;
- To motivate the faculty members of the group for R&D activities in the area of their specialization;
- To encourage staff members and students to publish technical papers for publishing in National and reputed International Conferences/Journals;
- To encourage faculty members of all the disciplines in Engineering/Science /Humanities in R&D activities for their professional growth;
- To assist the students to apply funding for conducting research under student project scheme to various funding agencies like GUJCOST, ISTE, IEI (I), DRDO, TCS, Infosys etc.;
- To assist for applying and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP from various available funding agencies;
- To coordinate faculty level workshops and staff development activities on research-related issues;
- Faculty awareness programs to enrich the faculty on various schemes of funding agencies.
- Help desk @ o/o Dean (R&D) to supplement Project proposal/report preparation with necessary certificates, undertakings, audit, etc.
- Development programs for further enhancing the pedagogic skills, research skills & Industry Institute partnership activities.
- Signed MOU with Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI), Gandhinagar to collaborate research in the fields of Renewable Energy.
- GUJCOST-DST Sanctioned research projects which are ongoing in various departments.
- Financial outlay of Sponsored research projects is increased by 10% during 2015-16.
Research and Development has a special significance apart from its conventional coupling of scientific research and technological development. We at SVIT wants to excel as an intellectual corporation fostering excellent research, development, sponsored projects, consultancy, continuing education and Industry Institute Interaction in addition to its best academic repute.
SVIT motivates it’s faculty members and Students to carry out research work in areas of relevance in line with the institute‘s Vision and Mission to take innovative projects to meet societal needs, generate research ideas, project proposals to seek research awards/grants from various funding agencies, establish Centre of Excellence in the college. SVIT also encourages & motivates the students and the faculty of the Institute, to update the knowledge which leads to further investigation and progress to extend a helping hand to the industries in the region for their product development. SVIT wishes and entrusts all the departments to actively get involved in Research, Development, Consultancy activities, registering for patents, copyrights, publications in peer reviewed journals and conferences, hosting conferences, STTPs, seminars, symposiums and workshops.
Accordingly an independent R&D Cell has been established to promote and monitor the research programs of the Institute. R & D cell is headed by a Dean (R&D) and supported by HODs, group and department wise coordinators and office staff. The R & D cell administers all the research Programs of the institute by monitoring and coordinating the research Personnel. It conducts the research review meeting to scrutinise the research proposals, examine the quality of research being conducted by various teams. The R &D cell also encourages submitting research proposals for institutional funding on relevant defined problems and research scholarships/fellowships.
Click Here to View/Download Research and Development Profile of SVIT - Vasad
For further details and discussions, please contact us:
Dean, (Research & Development)
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology (SVIT)
Behind ST Bus Depot, VASAD-388306
District & Taluka: ANAND, Gujarat, INDIA
Phone: +91 2692 274766, Extension: 217,215
To Post Your Research Queries Click Here