Student Counseling Centre of SVIT
Promoting Students' Welfare by Helping Meet their Academic and Emotional Needs
Student Counseling Centre has been established in the college which provides following types of mentoring
1. Course work and Laboratory specific
- Students are made aware of their course work and laboratory in lieu with the prevailing norms of the Gujarat Technological University.
- They are also instructed about the evaluation/examination system of the college as well as the University.
- Students are made aware of self-learning aids like NPTEL, MOOCs, webinars, etc.
2. Professional guidance
- Students are informed the scope and relevance of any area irrespective of their field of interest.
- Students are made aware of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) of Institute and encouraged for Entrepreneurship.
- Students are made aware of the Training and Placement Cell (T & P Cell) of Institute.
3. Career advancement
- Create awareness among the students for their future Profession.
- Motivate the students to appear in competitive exams like GATE, GRE, CAT, TOEFL, etc.
4. All Round Development
- Help students to solve their Personal, Educational and Psychological problems.
- Help students fight with anxiety, stress, fear of change or failure, homesickness or other academic worries.
- Encourage students to participate in extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
The mechanism of the student counselling system is as follows:
- In order to resolve day to day academic problems of the students, mentors are appointed for a batch of 20 students, and they counsel the respective students.
- The total meetings in an academic year are Six.
- Each mentor maintains the entire student Information, which is examined by the HOD and others concerned when necessary.
- Periodic meetings are conducted by the Principal with HODs to review the punctuality and regularity of the students.
Mentors/Counsellor meets students and their parents as and when needed. Parents and teachers for students' concerns can also approach counsellor.
This is a continuous process till the end of academic career of the student. The process is confidential except in a condition where disclosure is necessary to protect you or another person or abide by the institute policy. During the last semester of study students are advised for higher studies along with proper career guidance. Reasonable numbers of students have secured admissions for their higher studies and they in turn guide their juniors for their prospective admissions.